Saturday, October 19, 2013

Christopher Bucklow Inspired Shoot


 After studying Christopher Bucklow's work in class I became extremely fascinated by his series "Guests" and the way in which he captures light and photographs people. As someone who loves to shoot portraits, I am always looking for new and different ways to photograph people in interesting lighting situations. I was inspired to create my own set of images with the techniques Chris used, which was executed by tracing silhouettes onto tinfoil, poking hundreds of tiny holes with a pin, shining a light through these images and photographing its projection on a wall. For my first try with this technique, I feel like my images turned out pretty well. The first photo in this series was displayed at Sheridan College's annual photography gallery in March of 2013

1 comment:

  1. Im studying Christopher Buklow in class and was thinking of doing something exactly like this, Im so happy i found someone else who has tried this, those photos look amazing

    ReplyDelete